Thursday, August 21, 2008

A Simply Beautiful Day

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Nothing else can really describe it.

It was cloudy and misty all day long. The warmest it got was 70 degrees outside. I opened all the windows, turned off the A/C and turned on the fans. It got humid in here, but it also felt so good!

It was a foretaste of fall. I made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for lunch. My favorite cloudy day food in the winter and fall. Last night we had yummy pork chops with sweet potatoes and rice and pineapple. For dessert I made homemade carmel popcorn. The best carmel popcorn! The kids helped.

The best part of the day was when I took a walk, alone. I walked around my neighborhood, and then out to the field by our house. The field is beautiful. The grass is as tall as me right now, with the grass stalks going to seed, causing a brown/purple rippling affect on the sea of grass.

I just stood there and looked for awhile, and talked to God. Sometimes we get so all consumed with our lives, and our house, and cars, etc. and forget about things like grass and fields. Staring out at a field of grass with a few trees here and there, covered in mist, it was the most beautiful thing I have seen for awhile (since the ocean!). Sure, there are nice houses, but this field was better! The bug noises were incredilby loud, including lots of frog noises. Walking back into my house and hearing the TV and radio on , mixed with voices, was very discordant after the sounds of happy nature.

Thank you God for such beauty that surrounds us. The beauty that you created and gave to us. Though we are creative and can make things as well, nothing really compares to what He has already given us to enjoy!

No comments: