Thursday, September 11, 2008

Walgreens 9/11/08

Well, I did pretty well today, only one mistake. I meant to pick up the Excedrin Express Gels that have a free after rebate deal on them. For whatever reason I picked up extra strength tablets instead. Which were more expensive and have no deal on them whatsoever, so I am returning those and not reporting them in my totals for today.

I bought 3 Robitussin syrups, each on sale for $3.99, with a coupon for $3.00 off each one, and then they gave me $10 in RR for buying them, making me $7.00!

I also bought 3 Chex Mix on sale for $.99 with 3 $.50 coupons.

Then the last item was Walgreens Acid Control Complete for $7.99 on sale that is free after rebate. I really need this, as I have been fighting heartburn a lot lately.

Regular Retail Total: $37.50
Sales Savings: $13.32
Coupon Savings: $10.50
Register Rewards used: $5.00
Total Cash handed out: $9.50 or so

Rebates earned: $7.99
Register Rewards: $10.00
Coupon for more acid controller: $2.00

Meaning, today I spent $1.50 that I will never see in cash form today, and now have been paid $8.50 for shopping!!

Also, lesson learned today, you have to have as many items as you have coupons. I had 8 items, 6 of them with coupons. I also had 3 RR coupons to use, but could only use 2 because otherwise the number of coupons exceeded the number of items purchased. So grab a couple more cheap items or something! ha ha!

No comments: