Saturday, September 13, 2008

Birthday Fun

Joey's birthday is this coming Tuesday. Happy Birthday!

He decided to celebrate his birthday a bit over his Labor Day holiday from school, so we went out to dinner then. He chose to go to Umi which we now reserve for very special occassions. It was nice, though not as nice as it once was. The food was good though, and it made Gabbie happy as well, since that is also her favorite dumpling restaurant.

After we had dinner out I felt bad and wasn't sure about gifts for him. My mom and dad gave him two nice short sleeve button up shirts that he really likes. My mom is finally figuring out what to give him as gifts. yay!

So yesterday he mentioned in passing that he would really love to have matching socks. Matching socks with no holes. And underwear that he liked. Basically all new underwear and socks and such. So I got an idea. I had coupons for underwear! Seriously. I did. From Fruit of the Loom. Coupons for $1 off of two items.

While Joey was at clinic, we headed to Wal-Mart and bought his gift. I found four packs of underwear, but then even better, 2 packs of underwear. Better because they were the same price per item as the bigger packs, but would allow me to use more coupons on them! Ha ha! So he got 7 new pairs of underwear, 2 new undershirts, 8 new pairs of tall socks, 6 new pairs of short socks, and 5 new pairs of black socks. And a new hip pack, also known as the fanny pack. And all of this fun cost $40. For a brand new underwear drawer, I call this a smash hit! And since this is a practical but slightly boring present, I also gave him money for new sunglasses and a new cell phone cover which he had requested. All the presents from us he actually needed, but they are also appreciated and will be enjoyed.

All in all, a very unique birthday present.

No comments: