Friday, October 17, 2008

I'm back?

Haven't written in awhile. I have still been trying to be frugal, and sometimes feeling like I'm not doing quite as great as I would like. A lot of it is still trial and failure.

I need to look at my receipts for this month and try and figure out where I spent my money and on what. It feels like I have spent a lot of money, and have very little to show for it, at least food wise.

Next month my goal is to only spend my grocery money on groceries. I know, shocking, right? The thing is at our house, my "grocery" categrory is also used to buy pull-ups, cleaning supplies, and all medical or beauty supplies. So only a part of it really goes to groceries.

I know this month the pull-ups have really put a dent in the budget. Even on sale with coupons and rebates, those things are just plain ridiculous. I've already told Davy no more. He will use the potty!! He physically can and knows how, and can do it without me, he just needs to do it consistently.

I have also done a lot of shopping this month for MOPS. First decorations and now door prizes. I have gotten some great deals, though some of them are with rebates attached, so they won't seem great until I get that money back.

Next week our theme is "identity" and we are dressing up for the meeting. The door prizes are different make up items. I am very happy with what I paid for these, or actually, didn't pay for these!

2 Sonia something Makeup bags from Target, reg. 12.99 Paid 3.24 each Total 6.50
2 Rimmel Eye Shadows, reg 4.79 each, Paid 00, Total 00
2 Jane Lip Glosses, reg 3.99 each, Paid 1.99, Total 3.99 (forgot I had a coupon which would have made them lower, oops)
4 Revlon Nail Clippers, reg 2.99 each, Paid 00, Total 00
2 Bottles Revlon Nail Polish, reg 4.39 each, Paid .20, Total .40
1 Loreal Wet Face Washclothes reg 7.99, Paid 7.99, rebate for 7.99, Total 00

Total worth of items $73. Total paid for items $10.90 Not bad!

These will split up into 7 prizes. Each makeup bag will have one pail nail clippers inside. One eye shadow with one lip gloss, one nail clippers with 1 nail polish, and the washcloths by themselves. I have seven very nice door prizes, each worth approximately $1.50. I set myself a goal for door prizes this year to be about $1-$2 a piece. This week I made my goal, and people are not getting junk. No dollar store knick-knacks! Yay!

I am still working on another weeks door prizes. Here is the rundown so far.

Two swiffer sweeper start up kits. Reg. 11.99, Paid 7.99, Total $16, Received $10 in coupons back for CVS.
Two swiffer duster start up kits. Reg. 7.99, Paid 00 Total 00 Thank you B1G1 coupons!
1 Scrubbing Bubbles Action Scrubber start kit. Reg. 5.49, Paid 5.49, Rebate 5.49, Total 00

I am hoping I can get an automatic shower cleaner this week as well. These are normally $24.99 at Walgreens. I have a ten dollar off coupon, plus there is a $10 rebate deal, and I have $4 on my Walgreens card that is MOPS money. So I would get the Cleaner for $1!

Out of pocket (after coupons and rebates) for all six door prizes I would have spent $7. Meaning each would be about $1.15. For really nice things, again. I don't know how long I can keep this up, but with God's help I will!

No comments: