Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Month-End Tallies

I know it isn't the true end of the month, but I spent the last of my money today, so it pretty much is!

I went to Walgreens three more times since I posted, and WalMart once.

Here are the month end totals.

Totals of all receipts after discounts: $456
Total after gift cards: $378
Total after rebates: $334 amount I will never see again.

Total retail worth of items: $821
Total savings this month: $477
Total percentage saved: %60

Wow! I stayed within budget, though it was close, and got a lot more food and other supplies than I'm used to getting.

I don't think I will need toothpaste or shampoo for a long time, and don't need to buy any unless it is free! Woohoo!

I also spent $50 at social suppers, which helped cut down on eating out and even with that, I wasn't over budget on my food. Yay!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Wow! You did really good. I'm interested in learning more about how you do it! Can you send me any "coupons for dummies" tips? :-)