Monday, February 21, 2011

Daybook: February 21, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...the curtains are drawn, and it is a very dark night, with clouds scudding overhead. The wind is whipping around the house, but not whistling in through the tight windows. I am glad to be inside.

I am thinking...that I can't believe a glass falling off of the counter in the bathroom managed to not only smash itself, but break the toilet to a point of irreparable damage. I have never had this bad of toilet trouble. Ever. It is stupid and it sucks.

I am thankful for...a 48 hour long trip over the weekend. No, it was not a fun beach or mountain getaway. And yet it was the first time that Joey and I have purposely left the older kids with grandparents and gotten away. We still had Lily, but seeing as she can't talk yet, did minimal interrupting. The trip was rushed on both ends, but peaceful in the middle. Full of love, lingering and bittersweet farewells.

From the learning rooms (or brain)...Lily is getting better at going from sitting to her belly and doing push-ups, getting those legs ready for crawling. She finally got her second tooth a few days ago. It only took five weeks after the first one!

Gabbie is working on getting her homework done and memorizing her Bible verse. Last week with illness and mommy and daddy leaving, she got a failing grade on her verse. But, life goes on.

Davy is doing great in school, the rest of his class is learning to write their names. He has been doing this most of the year, and can copy out his classmates names rather easily. I am glad we let him stay home an extra year, it is already paying off.

From the kitchen...I need to get back in the swing of cooking after an off kelter week. We had sweet and sour chicken with pineapple, peppers and onions tonight. Over rice, of course. It is one of my favorite meals and so simple.

I am wearing...fuschia knit night gown, I wasn't as ready for bed as Joey, and Lily is peaceful, so why not write something?

I am creating...a business, I hope. Planning on becoming a Jordan Essentials consultant in the next week, and I hope to create a good home business that can help us financially, and provide an outlet for me as well.

I am going...to bed, sooner rather than later. Tomorrow I may go to the dollar store if kids are not too sick.

I am reading...mainly Jordan Essentials catalogs, getting familiar with the products and ingredients.

I am hoping...that my children get well and STAY well this time.

I am hearing...the hum of the computer, the typing of the keys, the roar of the wind, and the whistling of Joey breathing.

Around the house...have to replace the toilet.

One of my favorite things...having my husband clean up after dinner without me asking him to. It makes me feel incredibly loved.

A few plans for the rest of the week...pick up and deliver girl scout cookies, go to small group, clean mom's house, and who knows what else.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...will have to share a picture of us in KS, later.

2 comments:

Ouph said...

OH noes! Horrible toilet. How did a glass manage to destroy your toilet?

Hillery said...

It was a heavy glass that hit the rim of the toilet which broke off the rim, exposing the inner workings of the toilet bowl. It now has a duct tape patch that leaks, but allows the toilet to be functional at least!