Sunday, February 06, 2011

Daybook February 6, 2011

FOR TODAY
Outside my window...it is a grey and cloudy day. Cold. Last Sunday it was gloriously warm and Sunday. Today is the polar opposite.



I am thinking...how unusual it is for me to be alone. I am home from church (again) with a sick baby. And yet, I am thankful to be alone(ish) and have this time to do things like blogging that I have not had in many moons.


I am thankful for...a house that withstands all sorts of weather. The wind howled around our house yesterday. But it did not shake it or knock it down or even creep through the window panes. Our house is solid if nothing else.


From the learning rooms (or brain)...Lily is learning that is fun to call for "mama" and she is learning how to pick up and eat some solid food. Last night she experimented with green beans. Most of them ended up on the floor, but some made it in her mouth as evidenced by her diaper this morning. Ewww.



Gabbie and Davy are being taught the value of work and money. Last week they were paid to clean out the car and then they were allowed to go to McDonald's with their money and purchase a treat. They even paid out of the backseat window in the drive thru! Yesterday we worked on cleaning rooms and putting away our clean clothes. Gabbie is improving on folding and hanging up clothes.


From the kitchen...The menu plans are done for the month, yay! It really helps me stay in budget and on task to have a month of menus planned. Yet I detest doing it! I am experimenting with baked sesame chicken on Monday, I hope it turns out decently.


I am wearing...navy blue shirt and black sweat-like pants.


I am creating...in my mind I am working on how to design a baby wrap-around body sweater to use in place of giant fluffy snowsuit. Now that Lily is in her bigger carseat she needs a full-body hoodie to keep warm from house to car and back, but that is safe under seat belt straps.


I am going...to a Super Bowl party, if Lily is well enough. We are going to talk to people and eat snacks. Not to watch the game. The kids in fact were upset that we were going as they had voted we have a "MovieBowl" at home instead.


I am reading...magazines, blogs, whatever I can get my hands on. I need a new book!


I am hoping...that Lily's cold is very short-lived.


I am hearing...Lily making her attention getting noises and some "Mum-mum"s mixed in. I need to finish writing this!


Around the house...Thinking about buying some rolly bins for under Gabbie's bed. She is a large compartment girl. Not an individual bin for everything girl. Davy on the other hand has requested more small bins so he can categorize his toys.


One of my favorite things...snuggling with Lily in the middle of the night and having her reach out and hold onto my night gown so she will know if I try to leave!


A few plans for the rest of the week: Reschedule Lily's shots, bake cookies with Joanne, go bowling with Girl Scouts, go to Small group, go to Financial Peace and do life in between!


Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
















Check out the Simple Womans Daybook here:

http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/


1 comment:

Ouph said...

I'll test drive the baby wrap around sweater. I despise lugging around a car seat, but when it's freezing out, there seems no other means of keeping her warm than to keep her in her enormous snow suit.