Sunday, February 06, 2011

It has been awhile!

Two years. Two years since I wrote anything on here. Two years in which many, many things happened. Some incredibly sad and hard, and some incredibly delightful and joyful.

Now, I am sure you are thinking that this could be said of any two years. That may be true to some extent. But I am serious when I say it. They were two hard years, and yet they also brought us a gift. A gift named Lily. Our newest bundle of joy that lights up our hearts everyday.

We also have a new home in a new zipcode to go with the new bundle of joy. I am loving living with even more trees and bigger hills. I love driving fast on skinny country roads that dip and twist and turn with unexpected thrill. I love our little old house that we call new. Yes it is a little drafty in the winter, and the antique door knobs sometimes lock you in your room, but it is worth every minute of it! I am loving our neighbors who you talk to when taking out the trash and who bring you Christmas candy in metal tins.

I am inviting you to join with me on this journey. The crazy journey of raising three little ones in a small house with shared bedrooms. The journey of using coupons and cash and shopping at thrift stores. The journey of finding ways to make extra money by cleaning houses, ironing or even tutoring. It is about as exciting and scary as that country road that I love to drive, so come along, there is room!

1 comment:

Ouph said...

Why hello friend! You didn't mention you started back up again. Good thing I still check every once in awhile :)