Friday, August 22, 2008

Lord, help me!

I woke up this morning and was tired. I hate it when that happens. I tried to not get up for another two hours, only to get up and be tired. With a headache. Whine, whine, whine.

Then it set in. My parents will be here in TWO DAYS! Aaahhhhhh! Last week I had the house in good order, and I have tried to keep it that way, but for some reason my two children have a remarkable power to make messes faster than I can possibly clean them up.

So I started cleaning the kitchen, but I didn't just pick things up and put them away. Oh no, I got crazy and started cleaning out the cabinets. Then I cleaned out all the drawers and washed them all, then I organized and threw stuff away that was stashed on top of the fridge, etc. etc.

Now the kitchen is cleaner inside of the cabinets, but has more random items sitting on the counter begging for a home to be found for them, or to be thrown out. I also have some cookbooks that I don't want, but don't know what to do with. To sell? To give away? To trash? Oh the questions!

My garage is also calling me to clean it out. It is full of random items, some trash, and lots of cobwebs. But what about the vacuuming, dusting and bathrooms that need to be cleaned?

Lord help me to focus on the larger picture today and tomorrow, while still keeping my family happy and loved.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Is there a reason the minipotters site is gone entirely?

Hillery said...

Amber, the site is at davypotter dot blogspot dot com. It is not gone. Hope you can access it now.