Monday, August 25, 2008

More Walgreens!

So, I made two more trips to Walgreens. I wasn't planning on this, but then, they came out with a coupon. A coupon for $5 off a $20 purchase. And I wanted to buy some of the free after rebate items. So I went and shopped on Friday.

I bought 2 bottles organic conditioner, 2 bags Hershey Bliss candy, 3 packages batteries, 1 large vacuum bag, 4 pack light bulbs. Total: $43

After Coupons: $28.34 including tax.

Amount getting back in rebates: $25.50

Out of pocket amount after rebates: $2.84

Trip number 2 on Saturday night. I bought one box generic Prilosec for Joey, and more lightbulbs. Total: $26

After coupons: $21

Rebates: $7.70

Total out of pocket: $13.30

Basically I just got 6 weeks work of Prilosec for $13 instead of the normal $25, so that is fantastic. Joey now has enough Prilosec to last him until Halloween! Yay!

I am now staying away from Walgreens. Maybe. But I might go and get the jelly deal this week! ha ha!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hey! Nice to see you blogging again! Sid used to have to take a double dose of prilosec every day - which was prescribed by his dr. That stuff can get expensive! (although it's cheaper with a prescription). But once he had his appendix taken out, he doesn't need it any anymore! That was a bonus :-)