Saturday, August 30, 2008

Walgreens Trip WooHoo!

So Walgreens was super special this Friday and Saturday. The rebate and coupon books overlapped. Giving you double coupons for several items, very nice. Also, they had issued a $10 off of $40 coupon.

Then today I got my first Walgreens rebate gift card in the mail. A whole $22! Yay!

I know some of my previous posts said that because of rebates, I paid very little out of pocket. I decided that this is untrue. I paid for those items with last months money. Then they give me that money back on a gift card. I use that gift card to pay for more items that they give me a rebate on. So it becomes like recycled money. This month my out of pocket expense will be lowered because I have gift cards full of Walgreens money to spend on things. If I do it right, eventually I can just use the gift cards and won't ever have to "pay" for things!

This is what I "bought" today:

3 bottles Suave hair mousse, found these on clearance for .62 each, awesome
2 boxes scrubbing bubbles toilet gel
2 boxes Huggies baby wipes
2 oust air sanitizer
1 Off skintastic bug repellent
1 edge shaving gel
2 glade fabric and air refreshers (free after coupons!)
3 smuckers squeezable jellies for $4
1 chemistry shampoo (FAR)
2 halogen lightbulbs on clearance
1 Crest ProHealth toothpaste (FAR)
2 Rimmel Eye Shadows (free after coupons!)
1 Chemistry Hair Masque (FAR)

Total: $94
Advertised Sales Savings: $20
Walgreens Coupons savings: $2.50
Manufactures Coupons Savings: $26
Register Rewards: $4
$10 off $40: $10
Total: $36 including tax
Gift Card: $22
Total Cash out of pocket: $14!!!

Rebates expected: $26.40

Percentage Saved: 85%

No comments: